Sunday 17 June 2012

Work hard play hard

Well on this lazy monday im pretty bored so decided to dust the cobwebs off my blog and bring it back to life haha. This is what ive been upto..

I have nearly achieved my 3 + year goal of making B grade in squash which should be mission accomplished this weekend with interclub and our club hosting a tourny. Now that i have adjusted to my hours in my job (mostly) i am playing my best ive ever played and have results to show..1st place in the havelock open div 1 where i was ranked number 3 in my draw. My 1st game was a struggle against an un orthodox lefty hitting fluke shots with some poor reffing to accompany it. the next opponent i had to play who is in my interclub team had a huge win over the number 2 and was really cocky so i went out and smashed him 3/0 with no remorse. Feeling confident for the final against the number 1 who is a B grader i got the 1st 2 sets easy until the 3rd set where the reffing turned to sh!t and i got pushed over on purpose and my racket got hit outta my hand twice and the refs did nothing which left me soo pissed off i nearly walked off court. The game went to 5 and i got there in the end, just. If i had of lost that game i was ready to complain to tournament organisers about the opponents actions on court and how pathetic the reffing was, even had members from the crowd to back me up. A really big win though since not many people have beaten that dude. 80 bux and a $20 hawkes bay seafood voucher for my prize. Woulda preferred cash but ah well ended up using it to buy tea for me, my gf and her family only to find out they gave us the wrong fish..stupid idiots!

 Interclub squash has been a walkover so far me playing no.1 for our team ive smoked most people cept for a couple mainly due to tiredness and bein outplayed. Last week i was on last so got on court round 9.30pm and beat the napier teams number 1 who is B grade, 3/0. telling my team thats how its done after they all lost lol.

The recent hawkes bay open was a good test being ranked at 2/16 in div 1 winning my 1st 2 games easy then winning my semi easyish after playing hockey allthough i had to struggle with cramp. By the time sunday rolled round my body was pretty sore and i had to play the guy i played in the havy final. Nearly stretched the game to 5 but i went down 3/1 but was a good game both of us were stuffed did so much running. happy with how i played though. $75 2nd place.

Currently sitting 30 points off B grade which is 2 wins basically and ranked 4th in my club which is all goodz.

Finding time to do things around the hours i work gets hard at times for instance on a friday night a start at midnight and finish around 9am then have to get about 3 hrs sleep in then get up to play hockey in the arvo which aint going to good..our team is playing cabbage as not thinking when on the field. The reffing in the comp is crap and frustrates a lot of people including myself ive had a red card for something the ref thought he saw and then a yellow the other week for calling the ref blind hahaha but i had good reason to and will happily tell him to his face again how blind he is! i think im also our teams leading goal scorer which is pretty sweet but thinking bout stopping playing our changing my days of work so im not so stuffed on a sat night.

As long as i get bout 5-6 hours sleep in the day time im allgood to do things at night but its hard to sleep for that long sometimes and i usually need another sleep before work at night time. Its funny how during the week i stay up all night and work but when it comes to the weekend i can hardly stay up late anymore it sux lol definitly looking for a 6am-2.30pm job in the future i reckon those r the best hours to work, anything would be easy after doing my hours! except working till later than 5pm on any day stuff that soo lame! Baking is a fun job though loving it always wanting to improve things or get faster because remember its about working smarter not harder! <--- thats one of my fav quotes i 1st heard it off theme park world on PS1 when i was building theme parks lol

On a down note, a few weeks ago i lost my bracelet that my gf got me for my birthday last year. i dont know where i lost it but have a feeling it fell out of my work bag which has a tiny hole. Ive looked everywhere! searched through everything i have but i havnt lost hope yet i want it to turn up. i even wrote into a psychic in a new idea or wateva mum reads to see if i get a reply but none yet lol so gonna keep doing that, they might give me an idea who knows! just wish i could go back in time and put it sumwhere else cause i usually take it off at work and put it in my bag but dunno where it has gotton to if it fell out :( i feel bad about it but fingers crossed 1 day it shows up so i can wear it again :)

I had some pics to put up on here but they arent going to my email from phone so maybe another time they each have there own little story to go with ha.

Looking forward to getting my tax back like $380 bux! mean!

Membership on gym is on hold coz jetts gym sux pretty sure its the cause of my back injury. their equipment is like plastic! will probly quit altogether once the month is up. Would rather do my own personal fitness.

We listen to the Rock at work all the time so ive been getting back into my rock music and always play this song its so mean i reckon! even learnt the main riff on guitar the other night yeeeya. ( if it doesnt work just type it in on youtube.)


SO keen to hit up taupo one weekend and get a motel with a spa and lax all weekend yeeeah :)

I discovered this song by Kolohe Kai not long ago to its pretty sweet chilled out with a bit of meaning..


Anyways thats what ive been up to lately might get back into blogging if i can be bothered ha chur




1 comment: